Desmond Elliot Apologises to Gbajabiamila, Seeks Return to APC
Lagos State House of Assembly member, Desmond Elliot, has apologised to the Chief of Staff to President Bola Tinubu, Femi Gbajabiamila, following disagreements arising from the recent All Progressives Congress (APC) primary election in Lagos.
“I’m sorry, I have no excuse, I have nothing other than to say I’m deeply sorry and I am hoping to be cultured in the future,” Elliot said in the video.
The apology comes against the backdrop of a dispute between Elliot and the APC leadership following the party’s primary election for the Surulere Constituency I seat held in May.
Elliot had withdrawn from the primary, alleging intimidation and political pressure against his supporters. He subsequently rejected the outcome and indicated that he would challenge the process through the party’s appeal mechanism.
He later lost the APC ticket to Barakat Odunuga-Bakare, who was widely reported to have the backing of Gbajabiamila.
Odunuga-Bakare reportedly secured 11,385 votes, while Elliot polled 270 votes in the primary.
Elliot’s latest move is seen as an attempt to mend ties with the party leadership and restore his relationship with key political stakeholders ahead of subsequent political engagements.
Source: Vanguard News

No comments:
Post a Comment